Fireplace Installer Job Description
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled Fireplace Installer to perform all installation duties required by customers. The Fireplace Installer will:
- Install gas and wood burning hearth appliances (this may be retrofitting an existing fireplace or adding a fireplace to an existing or new home)
- Read drawings and manufacturers instructions regarding the proper installation
- Build structures using wood and steel studs specifications
- Use multiple power and hand tools proficiently
- Install metal fireplace vent materials to manufacturer’s specifications
- Understand and work with the building materials and construction of a home
- Maintain a clean and organized work vehicle and job site
- Work with gas lines and understand electrical at a basic level
- Safely move and install fireplaces over 100 lbs.
- Attend regular company paid training
To be successful as a Fireplace Installer, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in fireplaces. Ultimately, an outstanding Fireplace Installer should be able to demonstrate excellent power and hand tool skills, as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and customer service skills.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Installing customers’ fireplaces in a precise and safe manner
- Effectively communicating with customers and team members
- Maintaining a clean and orderly job site and company vehicle
- Advising customers on how to use fireplaces correctly
- Installing finish work materials such as mantels, stone, and brick once trained
- Maintaining an accurate record of all items/parts used to install fireplaces
- Billing customers and collecting payments
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven experience repairing, installing, and maintaining fireplaces or other appliances
- Experience with home construction
- The ability to use various hand tools
- The ability to move heavy objects (in excess of 100 lbs.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
Sound like your kind of work? Let’s schedule an interview!
If you’re qualified, capable, and excited about doing the work, let’s chat.