Chimney Sweep/Estimator Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Chimney Sweep / Estimator to perform all inspections, chimney cleanings, and estimates required by our customers.
Chimney sweeps, also known as sweeps and chimney technicians, inspect—or evaluate, as it is known in the industry—chimneys, fireplaces, stoves, and vents according to safety codes and standards.
They clean, or sweep, the chimneys and make repairs, which may involve masonry work and relining. They provide customers with accurate assessments and estimates for repairs. They also educate homeowners on how to properly care for their stoves and fireplaces, as well as train apprentice chimney sweeps. They are responsible for safely setting ladders and other equipment to access roofs and chimneys.
Successful Chimney Sweeps should have a keen eye for possible violations of current standards and codes, excellent verbal and written communications skills and excel at problem solving. They must also enjoy working alone, staying busy, and keeping a clean appearance.
Ideal candidates will have a valid drivers license, and will be physically fit and able.
- Cleaning and inspecting chimneys
- Providing estimates to homeowners in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean appearance in oneself as well as the company vehicle
- Climbing ladders, roof tops, and scaffolding
- Using cell phones, tablets, inspection cameras, and laptops efficiently
- Visiting up to 5 homes in a day and staying on schedule
- Installation of chimney caps
- Making small repairs as needed
- Obtain all relevant notes and information needed to company standards
- Previous experience preferred with working on heights
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ready to learn and have a career
- Love working with people
Sound like your kind of work? Let’s schedule an interview!
If you’re qualified, capable, and excited about doing the work, let’s chat.