Chimney Repair Mason Job Description
We are looking for a skilled, experienced chimney repair mason who can cut and lay stone and brick, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings.
As a chimney repair mason, you will:
- Lay brick, stone and other masonry materials
- Mix cement and mortar and restore old and damaged masonry works
- Set scaffold and ladders
- Work on roof tops
Chimney repair masons also perform other chimney repairs, which may not be masonry, such as installing chimney liners.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands. Ideal candidates will have completed a three-year apprenticeship, and will be physically fit and able.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Maintaining tools and workspaces
- Cutting, shaping, and laying materials
- Lifting, carrying, and placing masonry materials
- Reading and following technical drawings
- Training apprentices
- Mixing cement and mortar
- Restoring old and worn masonry
- Setting up scaffold and ladders
- 3+ years’ apprenticeship
- Love for working with masonry
- Respect for the ancient traditions of the profession
- Valid driver’s license
- Trade-related hand tools
Sound like your kind of work? Let’s schedule an interview!
If you’re qualified, capable, and excited about doing the work, let’s chat.