Fireplace Repair Technician Job Description
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled Fireplace Repair Technician to perform all repair, installation, and maintenance duties required by customers. The Fireplace Repair Technician will:
- Respond to calls to fix gas leaks, perform yearly maintenance, test the functioning of newly-installed appliances, and make adjustments as needed
- Inform customers of future maintenance work that may be required
- Refer to appliance manuals to resolve difficult problems
To be successful as a Fireplace Repair Technician, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in home appliances. Ultimately, an outstanding Fireplace Repair Technician should be able to demonstrate excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, as well as achieve exceptional customer service.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Examining customers’ fireplaces and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns
- Performing maintenance work on customers’ fireplaces
- Providing rough estimates to customers on how much it would cost to repair a damaged or malfunctioning fireplace
- Repairing or replacing defective or damaged fireplace components upon approval from customers
- Advising customers on how to use fireplaces correctly
- Installing various parts for customers, such as pilot assemblies, control boards, and many others
- Maintaining an accurate record of all items/parts used to repair, replace, or maintain appliances
- Billing customers and collecting payments
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven experience repairing, installing, and maintaining fireplaces or other appliances
- The ability to use various hand tools
- The ability to stand and sit for extended periods
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
Sound like your kind of work? Let’s schedule an interview!
If you’re qualified, capable, and excited about doing the work, let’s chat.